Novato Real Estate Market Update (June 2010 Novato Home Sales Report)
The unabated Novato, California real estate market remains firm in all price points. In May 2010, we had 38 sales (over 60% higher than April). The average sales price of Novato homes in May 2010 again rose by about 3% to to $677,105. These homes averaged 98 days on market, were about 2,277 sq. ft., and averaged roughly $308 sq. ft.
Novato’s price per square foot has hovered between 3-5% of $300 for a year now — in my mind, we are seeing the gradual recomposition of the market in the era of the “New Normal.” Prices are holding steady. This is good news for buyers and sellers alike. Moreover, historically low interest rates and added sales are giving buyers adequate impetus to make their move.
Below are the percentages of homes in escrow in each of Novato’s major price bands:
- 62% of homes priced under $500,000;
- 37% of homes between $501,000 and $600,000;
- 38% of homes between $601,000 and $750,000;
- 19% of homes between $751,000 and $1 million;
- 19% of homes between $1 million and $1.5 million;
- 23% of homes between $1.5 million and up.
[Click HERE for the rest of the report, courtesy of www.Novato101.com.]