Novato Real Estate Market Update (January 2010 Home Sales Report)
The Novato, California real estate market continues on its journey into recovery. We had 42 sales in December 2010. The average sales price of Novato homes in December 2010 was $634,152. These homes averaged 113 days on market, were about 2,227 sq. ft., and averaged roughly $293 sq. ft. Novato’s absorption rate (e.g., number of months’ inventory of homes for sale based on last month’s sales totals) has dipped to historically low levels — a scant 2.38 months worth of available inventory overall (100 single family homes are currently for sale in Novato).
Below are the percentages of homes in escrow in each of Novato’s major price bands:
- 67% of homes priced under $500,000 (74% last month);
- 66% of homes between $501,000 and $600,000 (65% last month);
- 42% of homes between $601,000 and $750,000 (53% last month);
- 33% of homes between $751,000 and $1 million (same as last month);
- 24% of homes between $1 million and $1.5 million (19% last month);
- 0% of homes between $1.5 million and up.