Marin County Beaches — less crazy, more Zen
Everybody knows about Stinson Beach–even people from The City (that’s San Francisco, if you didn’t know). But, Marin has other beaches and hang-outs which are distinctively less crazy and more Zen. Here are a few:
- Drakes Beach — take Sir Francis Drake Blvd. towards the Point Reyes lighthouse and turn left on Drakes Beach Road
- McNear’s Beach — go east on 2nd Street in San Rafael. It will turn into Point San Pedro Road. Turn right on Canterra Way and you can’t miss it
- Muir Beach — about ten miles north on Highway 1 from Highway 101
- Rodeo Beach — take Highway 101 to Bunker Road and go until you reach the end
- Stinson Beach — exit Highway 101 at the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit.
- Dillon Beach — Highway 1 near Sonoma County border
- Heart’s Desire Beach — from Highway 1, go west on Sir Francisco Drake, bear right on Pierce Point Road
- Kirby Cove — take Highway 101 to Alexander Road and then take Conzelman Road another 3/4 of a mile
- Limantour Beach — from Highway 101 in Olema, take Bear Valley Road to its terminus
Don’t forget the sunscreen! Still can’t think of a good place to go, try clicking here for information on Point Reyes and surrounding areas, including phone numbers if you should get lost.