Madrone Canyon Retreat (2 Polhemus Way, Larkspur) | New Listing | Pacific Union Real Estate
Welcome to 2 Polhemus Way in Larkspur, a short 2 minute drive through the magical redwoods of lower Madrone Canyon with sweeping views out to San Francisco Bay. As you enter the privacy gate into the front yard, you will immediately recognize the careful and thoughtful design of the custom fencing with bamboo accenting. Attention to detail is reflected by the quality of the hardscape and landscape materials, lighting scheme, and plantings. This home is priced at $1,549,000 | 3 Beds | 3 Baths | 2,591 s.f.
As you enter the front door from the slate tile patio into the formal entryway, you will encounter high open beam ceilings, random plank hardwood flooring, overhead fan, and a wall of windows highlighting the natural beauty that surrounds the home. This main level level includes the primary living spaces, such as the:
- Living Room
- Formal Dining Room
- Family Room
- Expansive Kitchen with ample storage, pantry, island with range and seating area, and work station
- full bath with ceasarstone counters, Grohe faucet, Kohler undermount sink, step-in shower with frameless glass enclosure, and tile flooring
- most impressively, however, are the views from the custom deck with designer lighting and accents.
The upstairs Master Suite is a private retreat unlike any other currently on the market
- the views are extraordinary and the private deck makes you feel like you are alone in nature with views to the Bay and beyond,
- there are soaring ceilings with open beams, a fan, surround sound and sitting area,
- you will also find two walk in closets,
- the Master Bath — completely remodeled with deep soaking tub and shower, dual sinks, ceasarstone counters, custom cabinets, and gorgeous tile floors
On the ground level are:
- a large bedroom with Anderson slider to a private deck
- a second large bedroom, which is currently set up as a gym with separate office area
- freshly remodeled bath with ceasarstone counter, custom cabinets, and glass enclosed shower and tub
- laundry area
- storage area
The home sits on an oversized and completely fenced, parcel and is blessed with sun-oriented back decking scheme, soaked in year round sun. Throughout the home you will also note many custom enhancements carried out by the current owner. For example:
- Literally dozens of track lights were added throughout the home and many are on dimmers. Many of the lights are directional and can be trained on adjacent walls and spaces to highlight art and other displays
- Overhead fans were installed in many rooms
- Sconce lighting can be found in several locations
- Exterior lighting, hardscape, and plantings were added and/or replaced
- Walkways have been upgraded and/or installed to maximize aesthetics and convenience
- Newer lateral line
- Newer roof & decking
- Solar water heating system with newer 120 gallon holding tank
About Madrone Canyon Neighborhood, Larkspur
Madrone Canyon in Larkspur is a truly magical neighborhood, which is characterized by the towering redwoods that grow right through the street as you enter the neighborhood on Madrone Avenue. As you drive up past the redwoods, a glorious expanse of natural beauty takes hold. At the end of Wilson Way, about 1-minute from 2 Polhemus Way, you can access virtually endless hiking and biking trails and open space, including the King Mountain Loop and Ladybug Trail. Larkspur is a truly ideal commute location for those who work in San Francisco, just minutes north of the Golden Gate. This upscale, highly desirable neighborhood is located in a sunny enclave outside of the fog belt.
Exclusively listed by Kyle Frazier, Broker Associate, Pacific Union International Real Estate — (415) 350-9440, [email protected].